CHS is a local, not-for-profit organisation. We understand the local context, make use of local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure we implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns. Learn more >>
Alternative Power Solutions for Health Facilities in Siaya County
The Siaya County Government through its County Department of Health officially flagged off the CHS supported solar power system installation plan, expected to provide alternative power solutions to 70 CHS supported health facilities across the county. With support from The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC CHS has invested over Ksh. 23million towards purchase and installation of these systems.
Speaking during the event the County Executive Committee (CEC) member Hon. Dismus Wakla thanked CHS for the continued collaboration and support towards the fight against HIV/AIDS in the county. “The County Government of Siaya is grateful for the support and great partnership we have with CHS. It is because of our collaboration that scores of Siaya County residents are receiving quality HIV services.”
The event marked the official start of the installation of solar power systems across selected CHS supported health facilities within Siaya County; with the aim to ensure uninterrupted health service delivery across facilities that do not have electricity and those that experience frequent power outages.
The solar panel systems and alternative back up (inverter and batteries) will further ensure continued and sustainable patient management through the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems, whose coverage currently stands at over 90% of the CHS supported facilities in Siaya County.
- Pre-Qualification of Suppliers for the Supply of Goods and Provision of Services December 17, 2021
- Reaching at Most Risk Populations with TB Services: CHS & NACADA Collaboration December 2, 2021
- Utilising a Community Health Toolkit (powered app) to enable HIV Testing in Kenya: The Case of AfyaStat November 3, 2021
- Temporal Trends in Pre-ART Patient Characteristics and Outcomes Before the Test and Treat Era in Central Kenya October 5, 2021
- Solar Power Support for Health Facilities in Siaya County September 15, 2021