CHS is a local, not-for-profit organisation. We understand the local context, make use of local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure we implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns. Learn more >>
Temporal Trends in Pre-ART Patient Characteristics and Outcomes Before the Test and Treat Era in Central Kenya
Retention of patients who did not initiate antiretroviral therapy (ART) has been persistently low compared to those who initiated ART. Understanding the temporal trends in clinical outcomes prior to ART initiation may inform interventions targeting patients who do not initiate ART immediately after diagnosis.
A retrospective cohort analysis of known HIV-infected patients who did not initiate ART from healthcare facilities in Central Kenya was done to investigate temporal trends in characteristics, retention, and mortality outcomes. The data were sourced from the Comprehensive Care Clinic Patient Application Database (CPAD) and IQ care electronic patient-level databases for those enrolled between 2004 and 2014.
- Pre-Qualification of Suppliers for the Supply of Goods and Provision of Services December 17, 2021
- Reaching at Most Risk Populations with TB Services: CHS & NACADA Collaboration December 2, 2021
- Utilising a Community Health Toolkit (powered app) to enable HIV Testing in Kenya: The Case of AfyaStat November 3, 2021
- Temporal Trends in Pre-ART Patient Characteristics and Outcomes Before the Test and Treat Era in Central Kenya October 5, 2021
- Solar Power Support for Health Facilities in Siaya County September 15, 2021